Thursday, May 8, 2014

A Second Empire Adventure



I saw an article on Yahoo about a haunted mansion being sold for $160k and could not resist to take a closer look.  Apparently the mansion in question is the Scutt Mansion in Joliet, Illinois.  It was the former home of the creator of barbed wire and is said to be haunted.  The article could not have come at a better time, as the new venue in The Sims 3 store included the exact mansard roof sections needed to re-create this dignified Second Empire home.


As I worked to duplicate the home, I had a decision to make: a dilapidated worn and decidedly haunted mansion or a lovely representation of what the mansion could be, were someone to purchase and renovate it?

I decided that....being as far away from Halloween as it is....I was not in the mood for haunted and worn.  So my simself promptly purchased the mansion, moved it to Sunset Valley and renovated it from top to bottom.


This Second Empire Victorian includes:

5 bedrooms (2 ensuite)
4 bathrooms
large formal dining room
study
roof top play area
covered porch
large patio and gardens
small kitchen garden 

40x40 lot size
$185k
NO CC
A handful of store items including those roof sections 























No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I build lots for people to use in the Sims. I have created hundreds of lots that have been downloaded by people all over the world. My work has been featured on the official Sims 3 site, several Sims 3 fan sites and in Game Informer magazine.
I am a mom...a gamer...a book worm...a worrywart...a fan of architecture, interior design, and all things Grumpy Cat.