Monday, September 1, 2014

Its all in the genes: The Sims 4 genetics system

The new genetics system in The Sims 4 will enable our sims to have children that truly look like a blend of both parents.  It also allows you to create realistic siblings and parents as well.  I love the way they have refined the program to give us realistic results!

For instance, in the past if there was a dark skinned parent and a light skinned parent, the children would often come out either with the dark skin or the light skin tone.  Now there is a true blending of the genes.



This boy has a skin tone that is a true mix of both parents.

This doesn't work with the non-human skin tones like blue and green.  You can expect your sim to get the skin tone of one or the other of his parents. 


Did you notice how the game seems to balance it out, though?  





 Take a look at how the features blend with this family.





Son overall favors the father, but he has his moms coloring.  Daughter looks a little more like mom but with dads coloring and both of the children have a skin tone that is neither parents...it is a combination of both.




And what would Grandma ( the father's mother) look like?  


When you select the option to make a parent or a sibling of your sim, it appears the game takes half of the traits from your sim and adds in half random traits.  You definitely see similar looks but enough difference that it feels natural. In the above example, the father clearly got his moms eye color...but the eye shape must have come from dad.


Here is a very....um...distinctive...looking sim.  I wanted to see what the game would produce for her as a sister.



And here she is.  Enough of a resemblance that you can tell they are related....but not an exact copy by any means.  Sister has her own lips and her own chin ( thank goodness!)



What would her children look like?  Let's find out! Here are the parents:


If we use this guy as the father,  we discover something interesting.  The game does not allow children to have the "not occurring in nature" hair colors...so it will either pick the other parents color or assign a color that is presumed to be what mom had before she got all funky with the hair dye.






And here are the kids!

I tried many many combinations and I was truly pleased with the results.  I feel very confident that watching our sims reproduce over time in a legacy type situation will be very entertaining and more realistic than ever before.

7 comments:

  1. Very useful information, Ruth. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know. I haven't had anything to do with kids yet. One question, if you noticed it. How was the recessive genitcs effected? For examble; if grandma has red hair and mom and dad have blond hair, did any combination of the kid have red hair? I hope that made sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. is this some kind of sarcastic april fools joke or something? are you mental?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How I became a happy woman again
    With tears of joy and happiness i am giving out my testimony to all viewers on line, my problem with Stomach Cancer stage IB has caused me many pains and sadness especially in my family.
    I was so afraid of loosing my life, I suffered the embarrassment of visiting
    therapy hundreds of times, unfortunately they did not find a definitive solution to my problem, I cried all day and night, do I have to live my life this way? I searched all true the internet for care, I was scammed by internet fraudsters times without numbers… until a friend of mine who stays in the UK introduced me to a friend of hers who was cured of the same disease, and she introduced me to Dr Itua who cured her from Breast Cancer by this email/WhatsApp +2348149277967, drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com. I contacted him and he promised that all will be fine and I had faith.He send me his herbnal medicines through Courier servcie and i was instructed on how to drink it for three weeks to cure,I followed the instruction given to me and Today am a happy woman again. He cures all kind of diseases like__Brain cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Ovarian cancer,Hodgkin lymphoma,Herpes,,Liver cancer,Throat cancer,
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Copd,Parkinson,Als,Adrenocortical carcinoma Infectious mononucleosis.
    Intestinal cancer,Thyroid Cancer,Uterine cancer,Fibroid,Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Brain Tumor,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone ToxicityBladder cancer,Hiv,Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Kidney cancer,Hpv,Lung cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Multiple myeloma,Neuroendocrine tumors
    Non-Hodgkin lymphoma,Oral cancer,Sinus cancer,Hepatitis A,B/C,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer,Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer,
    Testicular cancer,Tach Diseases,Leukemia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. my husband and I have been married for about 7 yrs now. We were happily married with two kids, a boy and a girl. 3 months ago, I started to notice some strange behavior from him and a few weeks later I found out that my husband is seeing someone. He started coming home late from work, he hardly care about me or the kids anymore, Sometimes he goes out and doesn’t even come back home for about 2-3 days. I did all I could to rectify this problem but all to no avail. I became very worried and needed help. As I was browsing through the Internet one day, I came across a website that suggested that Dr jeffrey can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships and so on. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he did a spell for me. Two days later, my husband came to me and apologized for the wrongs he did and promise never to do it again. Ever since then, everything has returned back to normal. I and my family are living together happily again.. All thanks to Dr jeffrey . If you need a spell caster that can cast a spell that truly works, I suggest you contact him. He will not disappoint you. This is his E-mail:

    dctrjeffrey@gmail.com

    WhatsApp +2348162061202

    ReplyDelete
  6. My name is hoover, my 18 year old daughter, Tricia was diagnosed with herpes 3 years ago. Since then, we have moved from one hospital to another. We tried all kinds of pills, but every effort to get rid of the virus was futile. The bubbles continued to reappear after a few months. My daughter was using 200mg acyclovir pills. 2 tablets every 6 hours and 15g of fusitin cream. and H5 POT. Permanganate with water to be applied twice a day, but all still do not show results. So, I was on the internet a few months ago, to look for other ways to save my only son. Only then did I come across a comment about the herbal treatment of Dr Imoloa and decided to give it a try. I contacted him and he prepared some herbs and sent them, along with guidance on how to use them via the DHL courier service. my daughter used it as directed by dr imoloa and in less than 14 days, my daughter recovered her health. You should contact dr imoloa today directly at his email address for any type of health problem; lupus disease, mouth ulcer, mouth cancer, body pain, fever, hepatitis ABC, syphilis, diarrhea, HIV / AIDS, Huntington's disease, back acne, chronic kidney failure, addison's disease, chronic pain, Crohn's pain, cystic fibrosis, fibromyalgia, inflammatory Bowel disease, fungal nail disease, Lyme disease, Celia disease, Lymphoma, Major depression, Malignant melanoma, Mania, Melorheostosis, Meniere's disease, Mucopolysaccharidosis, Multiple sclerosis, Muscular dystrophy, Rheumatoid arthritis Alzheimer's disease, parkinson's disease, vaginal cancer, epilepsy Anxiety Disorders, Autoimmune Disease, Back Pain, Back Sprain, Bipolar Disorder, Brain Tumor, Malignant, Bruxism, Bulimia, Cervical Disc Disease, Cardiovascular Disease, Neoplasms , chronic respiratory disease, mental and behavioral disorder, Cystic Fibrosis, Hypertension, Diabetes, Asthma, Autoimmune inflammatory media arthritis ed. chronic kidney disease, inflammatory joint disease, impotence, alcohol spectrum feta, dysthymic disorder, eczema, tuberculosis, chronic fatigue syndrome, constipation, inflammatory bowel disease. and many more; contact him at drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com./ also with whatssap- + 2347081986098.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

I build lots for people to use in the Sims. I have created hundreds of lots that have been downloaded by people all over the world. My work has been featured on the official Sims 3 site, several Sims 3 fan sites and in Game Informer magazine.
I am a mom...a gamer...a book worm...a worrywart...a fan of architecture, interior design, and all things Grumpy Cat.